Friday, August 9, 2013

End of an era

Two 30-day trials are ending today: being vegetarian and blogging every day. That means tomorrow I can have a healthy KFC lunch and not tell a soul about it. The exercise and sugar-nazi trial are still in full swing, and the stretching trial died an inglorious death the same day I said we were going to start it up again. Coincidence? Morpheus said it's providence. Fasting on 3 apples a day once a week might as well become a trial since I've already done 1/4 of it. Maybe I'll change the fruit to chocolate bars.

I started a new book yesterday, the Black Prism. I got roughly five sentences in before I fell asleep so I'll be seeing them again tonight. The Mote in God's Eye has gotten flushed down the toilet. The Dresden Files got translated to Afrikaans and then the 6 million original English copies died in a tragic gasoline fight accident. I'm not about to learn Afrikaans just so I can finish that book. Another book got dumped, I forget its name but the relief I'm feeling didn't just come out of nowhere. Of the last 4-5 books I started, only Trash, Sex, Magic is still hanging in there. Angry fans litter the streets, don't stay out past curfew.

No comments: