Thursday, August 7, 2008

Texas

I'm finally in Texas, as of Tuesday to Wednesday midnight. Three studs picked me up from the airport, making four Adonises altogether. Everything is indeed bigger here. The bugs are big and in big supply, the first thing out of the fridge was a huge chunk of meat, and families are apparently not educated as to contraception, hence huge. We visited Mario's cousins today, and they have four children and a dog, some kind of horrible nightmare in my anti-responsibility utopia. The kids were nice and much more obedient than my sister, but their sheer numbers still made them terrifying.

Tomorrow we're going to Mario's ranch where he claims there's plumbing. I will be the judge of that.

I've been doing some ear training lately, and progress is slooow. My ears take about half an hour to warm up, but even then they'll refuse to recognize the quality of an interval above a fifth. My guesses are often embarrassingly far from reality. Oh well, at least my girlfriend's prettier than yours.

No comments: