Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Superday #30

The 30 day supertrial is officially over in ninety two words, no, eighty nine words, no, eighty six words...if there were only some way to write it down without changing it...damn observer effect. I'd draw a picture but I don't want to be charged with going over quota for drawing today.

Success all around I'm afraid, no way to break it gently. The supersummary:

Pushups: at 200 pushups a day, the max number of push-ups I could squeeze out per set went up from 37 to 53. It still surprises me every time though when I hit 40 and still have a few more in me before having to take a deep breath and start bouncing my pecs off the floor to make it up off the ground on the last couple. I wish there were some way to skip the first 45 and just do the last back-crunching, eyeball-popping, vein-dilating, sphincter-cramping 7 or 8. Do pushups on one hand at a time maybe? Or do Tenacious D style push-ups?

Drawing: still an effort to do 20 minutes in a row...oof. The cartooning book made it slightly more interesting though.

French: piece of cake, I can study it hours at a time. Little Nicolas is hilarious.

Knots: fun in the beginning and then boring and forgettable after the wonder wears off. Will review though.

Blogging: highly enjoyable and never gets old, like looking at like myself in the mirror.

In other news...

My newest student is taking her IELTS this weekend. I've prepared her twice a week two hours at a time for a month now but I'm not sure the impact on her English has been big enough. She's still a bit behind ("under" somehow doesn't make sense) that hump; she knows tons of English but can't get it out of her mouth unless I'm holding it pried open with a pair of garden pryers (priers? pry-openers?).

I noticed today that English is the only language I know that capitalizes "I." Are English-speakers the cockiest cocks on the planet?

And the last knot of the trial is...The Monkey Fist:


image borrowed from animatedknots.com

I wish the one I made looked even remotely like the one in the picture. Alas, it looks more like a monkey tied into a knot and then fluffed up slightly with a shotgun blast.

No comments: