Thursday, June 19, 2008

And Thursday

My sister finally graduated from elementary school! This is a very exciting event in our house, because for the past week there's been no shutting her up about it. But now it's over, phew, and we can all take out our crusty earplugs.

Going to see The Happening tomorrow, by Shaymalayma. No surprises expected, so I'm gonna go ahead and review it ahead of time:

Review of The Happening

Shaymalayma's coin is consistency, and he showered us with handfuls in The Happening - a thoroughly predictable series of loud sounds trailed by Shaymalayma's staple plot devices - "absolutely nothing," and "more and even louder sounds." The few times when the obnoxious offenses to our ears were followed by visual gratification - something mildly fear-inducing - I was too distracted by the loud yawns in the audience to appreciate the cinematic genius. The moral? Go see Don't Mess With The Zohan instead.

Fortunately I'm still in the "haven't seen The Happening yet" stage, and let me tell you people, you just don't appreciate life till you have something like a Shaymalayma movie on your horizons. I am going to live these next 15 hours to the fullest.

Mario's leaving tomorrow, so I'm practicing my tearful farewells. I still haven't decided what I'm going to say when we part. I've narrowed it down to the following possibilities, please help me choose:

"I'll never forget you...David Mario Mendiola."
"Be strong!"
"Don't cry, no, please don't cry! I can't take it when you cry."
"We'll meet again...David Mario Mendiola."
"I'll write every day."
"You...were the Frank Lau of my life."

On second thought, I think I'll just free style.

No comments: