Sunday, June 15, 2008

Today

About time to start a blog, if at least to give my stalkers an edge. Been resisting for a long time, but being a quitter, and in the interests of self-promotion, I'm abandoning my reluctance and embracing the soon to be enormous publicity.

Just came home for the 30 day weekend before I'm off to Texas. I'm already immune to cold, but still quite sensitive to heat, so it's time to learn that new skill - how not to get a heat stroke. I've decided the best way is through daily practice.

Our band, whose name is yet to be determined, but whose place in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has already been assured, today held one of those once-a-year practice sessions. We ran through the staple song of our performance(s) - Clean Kitchen. It took some work, because despite having three guitars, we only had one cable, and one amp. Also, only 50% of the two of us knew how to play it. Oh, and we're still

looking for a drummer and singer.

Nevertheless, Clean Kitchen Unplugged now exists.

I've been slacking a little in my apprenticeship with the Spanish language. I started reading Harry Potter y la Piedra Filosofal hace un mes, y he leido solamente 35 paginas. My progress into the book resembles a logarithmic graph. Today I was able to satisfy my conscience with a mere opening of the PDF file.

If anyone wants to suggest a name for the band, I'd condescend to at least hearing the suggestion. So far, today, we've come up with the following possibilities:

buzz
buzzed
fuzz
strapless
unemployed
samurai love
12 string samurais
something kinky
santa's girlfriend/mistress

Our current MySpace page is Not4Profit, but we are not committed to being poor forever, so we're looking for a more permanent name.

By the way, graduated from college a couple days ago. Haven't gotten my diploma yet, not having gone to the ceremony. Is there an actual use to a diploma?

Realized I only actually left ~2 people when I left college - those few that ventured over to the couch I sat on the past two semesters. I managed to phase out most of my friends by graduation, saving myself the tearful goodbyes and future house calls. The people I will miss are so few that I can say with almost 100% accuracy that you're not one of them.

Don't expect more than two entries in this blog including this one, I'll probably forget to write in it after this entry.

No comments: