Thursday, November 20, 2008

La la la

Got back to writing songs today, for the first time in a while. I worked on one where I had some good music already but no vocals. Decent results so far, but of the two verses and two choruses, none have anything to do with one another. The first verse is no-way-out depression. The first chorus is about "free love" / polygamy / an orgy cruise. Verse two is some cryptic warning / "I told you so." And chorus two is some kind of identity crisis advice. Can't wait to find out what my brain will come up with for the bridge and final verse/chorus pair. One thing is certain though, it will be tasty.

I also did some recording today. I had Guitar Pro play the song I wrote about Chun and recorded myself singing the vocals to it. Came out better than I expected, but it could use another twenty or thirty takes. Here it is (use headphones, I tried to do some stereo mixing).

Chun

Ok, song's over Chun, you can stop blushing.

The next song on the to-be-written list is a song about Perry. Mario and I brainstormed some good ideas today. The theme of the first verse is "undercover Christian." In case you don't know, Perry is the biggest atheist on the face of the planet, despite being only a foot and a half over midget-size. Or rather, he hopes to appear so. But after listening to this song, you will be convinced that he's actually an "undercover Christian," overcompensating for his true beliefs. The chorus goes in a completely different direction, which I will keep secret for now.

In other news, the Tootsie Roll supply is running low. I now have to get into the bag up to my waist to reach the top layer. And that's after only two weeks! Another six, and we'll need a new bag. And I really don't want to, I'm finally starting to get the sharp end of the side-effect stick. My jaws are getting so strong from chewing Tootsie Rolls that all other food has the consistency of extra-creamy soup or oatmeal in comparison. Chicken drumsticks are like Jello to my bear-trap-like mouth. I don't even notice the bones. I hope I don't bite my tongue.

No comments: