Saturday, November 22, 2008

Monkeys

Today's daddy's birthday. On people's birthdays you're supposed to tell them what you think about them without holding anything back, no matter how horrible it is, right? Or is that at people's funerals? One sec, researching... What? That's lame. Apparently you're never supposed to tell anyone the whole truth about themselves, unless it's 99% complimentary or you're at a writing workshop. Or if you don't plan on them being useful to you in the future. Nation of liars and wusses. But...I guess I can abide by the rules this one time. Don't want to completely conform to non-conformity. You get a freebie today, daddy-oh.

Tomorrow's Sunday, but I'm afraid they'll miss me at church. If there's one thing I don't want to overdose on, it's Jesus' blood and body. Cocaine's bad enough.

Some random scenes from today/yesterday that seemed funny to me (I play the role of Mark):

(watching the climax scene of Soldier)
Mark: are they holding hands?
Mario: yea, they're about to die.
Mark: so if we were about to die, you'd be trying to grab my hand?
Mario: of course
Mark: I'm glad we're not dying then

(Mark's holding the remote and trying to turn off the tv, button sticks)
Mark: I keep pressing this button but it won't work. I think it's a sign...
Mario: of what?
Mark: ...that I need to keep pressing it

(pre-sleep discussion/meditation in their respective beds)
Mark: that was a good idea that Bill Gates had, to name his operating system Windows. Cause now everything's a window, browser window, game window...
Mario: yea, I'm pretty sure it was in the reverse order though.
Mark: ah. Good point. That makes more sense.
Mario: but who knows? If he called it Wildcat, we might be saying "man, I got all these Wildcats cluttering my screen."
Mark: haha. "Can you imagine if he called it Windows instead? Bill would never have sold a single copy!"
Mario: "well yea, not with stupid name like that. And Wildcat would never have been the multi-thousand dollar corporation it is today."
Mark: "the economy wouldn't even be in the thousands yet. They'd probably still have centi-cents."

No comments: