Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year's

Oof, almost forgot to blog before sleeping, it's almost 5AM here. Just got back from SanLiTun, the small bar and club street behind SanLiTun Village near the SOHO. Like usual, the baijiu hit the spot, but lately I've got my tolerance pegged down so I get myself to that perfect high and then drink only very cautiously.

The girls today were very very picky. I'd come across groups of girls, clearly bored, but that would still refuse to dance when asked. Of course a few said yes but today was not a day for the Guiness Book. There was a nice moment though which I haven't experienced before. Ever. A girl came up to me, a blonde foreign girl, and explained to me profusely how beautiful she found me. I was drunk enough not to blush or even feel awkward but I definitely felt good. I think I might have even thanked her as I nodded my head in agreement. Although I'm beginning to wonder how loud it was in that bar and what she really said. She was probably talking about the weather and I was hearing what my super-ego (a giant ego, not to be confused with the superego) wanted to hear.

Wrote a little New Year's song today but it won't be airing for a few days probably. Maybe I'll release it as B-side to the Christmas song. True to my resolutions this song is reasonably happy.

The Uni Knot:


image borrowed from animatedknots.com

Blah.

Gene: cool, mom still loves u
Mark: haha, new 30 day trial?
Gene: u r a shaman!

No comments: